Monday, January 14, 2013

My Day

I had a really terrible no good very bad day today and decided to vent it out in a little poem. Hope you all enjoy...

Today I am a failure. Dinner was not on the table by 5:00.

Today I am a failure. The house has mud tracked from one end to the other and up and down the stairs.

Today I am a failure. There is laundry all over the living room floor because my two year old dumped out the hamper and has been running around with it on his head.

The bed is not made, the kitchen sink is full, and the bathrooms are hardly spotless.

Today I am a failure. My 11 year old missed his very expensive hockey practice because he chose to not help get ready to leave and I decided that if he wasn't going to do his part, I wasn't going to do mine.

Today I am a failure. I didn't make it to the grocery store.

Today I am a failure. I had to finish cooking and the baby started crying before I was ready to tend him.

My bread didn't rise, I ran out of mayo, and the dog pooped in the basement.

What else can go wrong in a day?

So I'll remember...I have a baby! I am not supposed to be able to do it all!

Then I'll kiss the baby, hug the toddler and tell them all I love them. Then go to bed and rest my head and try again, tomorrow.

This post was included in the Homestead Barnhop

3 comments:

  1. I had to giggle a little at this. Because I can truly relate with some of these. Some days just don't work out, it was just a bad day, and tomorrow will be better! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had days like that!!!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. It always helps to know there are others that can relate. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete